Marriage License Info

Office Hours

8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday






900 G Street
Geneva, NE

Mailing Address

PO Box 307
Geneva, NE 68361



Marriage License Worksheet

Requirements for a marriage license issued by Fillmore County

  1. Both applicants must be at least 17 years of age. In the State of Nebraska you can not marry if you are under 17.
  2. Parental consent is required for applicants who are under age 19. The parental consent forms are available at the County Clerk’s office.
  3. Both applicants must supply a form of photo identification (Example: Drivers license or passport).
  4. Will need to know the birthplace of both the bride and groom.
  5. Will need to know both parents full names, mother’s maiden name, and birthplaces.
  6. Social security number for both bride and groom shall be given, but if the applicant(s) does not have a social security number such applicant(s) may execute a waiver form.
  7. If either applicant has a previous marriage, you will need to know the date the marriage ended. (Date of divorce decree or date of death.)
  8. There are no blood tests required in the State of Nebraska.
  9. Marriage licenses are good for one (1) year from the date of issuance.
  10. The applicants may apply for their marriage license in any county in Nebraska and use it to be married in any County in Nebraska.
  11. The fee to receive a marriage license is $25.00.

To be married by the County Court Magistrate you may call the County Court (759-3514) to schedule an appointment.

All marriage licenses obtained in Fillmore County are public record and will be printed in The Nebraska Signal.  The Nebraska Signal prints only marriage licenses obtained in Fillmore County.

You may make application for a Marriage License at the County Clerk's office, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

To receive a Fillmore County certified marriage license you will need to send the following information and a $9.00 check or money order:

  • Name of Applicant #1
  • Name of Applicant #2
  • Month/Year of marriage

(You must have received your marriage license in Fillmore County for us to send you a certified copy.)

Please mail to:

Fillmore County Clerk
P. O. Box 307
Geneva, NE 68361