Docs Stamp Info


The Nebraska Department of Revenue requires the Register of Deeds office to collect a documentary stamp tax when a deed is presented for recording.  A Form 521 (transfer statement) must be completed for all deeds and land contracts.

Documentary Stamp Tax Computation Table

Exemption Chart

Life Estate Table

Refund Claim Form